Originally known as the Town House, the Historic Holden Town Hall was completed in 1873 and dedicated on January 9, 1873 by Rev. J.S. Cogswell. It became Grange #544 on June 18, 1921 and was active for many years.
Located on RT 1A in Holden, the building was moved in 2009 to it’s present location several feet back from the original location to provide easier access and parking. Some landscaping and post and rail fencing were added in 2011.
The building is on the National Register of Historic Places. The director of the Maine Historic Preservation Commission announced the approval of the application in July, 2014.